Why book an afternoon tea and spa package with SpaSeekers?
A spa day with afternoon tea is the ideal way to unwind. You can enjoy access to the restful spa facilities and, often, pampering treatments, with the added luxury of an indulgent afternoon tea. A spa afternoon tea package is great for an anytime treat or for a celebration, such as a birthday or Mother’s Day. If you want even more time to relax, consider an afternoon tea spa break, which will include overnight accommodation. For more on what to expect on an afternoon tea spa day package, take a look at our Spa Afternoon Tea guide.
We offer a wide range of spa breaks and spa days with afternoon tea to suit all budgets and occasions. This means you can choose the package that is right for you. With over 30 years’ experience in booking the perfect spa packages, you can rest assured you are in good hands with SpaSeekers.
Five of the best hotels for an afternoon tea spa day or spa break
With so many great spas offering afternoon tea, it’s hard to pick favourites. However, here are just five we think you might like:
- Crowne Plaza Reading East: Enjoy a relaxed spa with afternoon tea package at this popular venue located conveniently close to Reading. Choose from a range of spa packages that feature an indulgent afternoon tea, along with access to the leisure facilities and other inclusions.
- Thorpe Park Hotel and Spa: Just outside Leeds, you will find this stylish spa hotel, which features some superb facilities. The hotel offers a choice of spa packages that include a delicious afternoon tea, as well as limited use of the leisure facilities and other inclusions.
- Spa at Mollington Banastre Hotel: Located just outside Chester, this charming country spa hotel offers the ideal backdrop to a restful spa day or overnight stay. The hotel offers spa packages that feature either a full afternoon tea or a lighter cream tea.
- The Abbey Hotel: Just south of Birmingham, you will find this contemporary golf and spa hotel set amid a lovely 175-acre estate. Several of the terrific packages we offer at this venue feature a sumptuous afternoon tea with spa access and the choice of spa treatment.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Sheffield Park: Enjoy some peaceful downtime at this relaxed spa hotel located a few miles south of Sheffield city centre. The hotel offers a choice of afternoon tea spa packages, each of which feature a range of other tempting inclusions.
This is just a small sample of what we offer. We encourage you to browse our full range to find your perfect spa afternoon tea package.
Should you have your afternoon tea before or after the spa?
If you have the choice, it’s usually preferable to enjoy the afternoon tea following the spa session, so you have time to enjoy the treatments and facilities and then dine at leisure. This is especially true if you have a full-body massage booked or plan on using the swimming pool. However, it often depends on the spa package. If you book a spa break package, you might enjoy the afternoon tea on your day of arrival after checking into the hotel. For full-day and half-day afternoon tea and spa packages, you will dine either before or after, depending on timings and on any booked treatments. Contact us or the spa ahead of time to check the timings of the spa and afternoon tea and to make any special requests.
What should you wear to an afternoon tea and spa day?
Again, this depends on the spa and afternoon tea package. You are usually free to wear what you like to the spa. We recommend loose and comfortable clothing. On arrival, you will be invited to change into a robe and to leave your clothes and belongings in a secure locker. Often, a spa afternoon tea will be served at the spa café, where you can remain in your robe. Alternatively, the afternoon tea may be served in the hotel’s public restaurant or bar, in which case, you should bring a smart outfit. Upscale venues may even have a dress code. We advise checking with us or the spa ahead of time. You can also find out more in our guide, What to Wear to a Spa.
Four of the best cities and destinations for an afternoon tea spa day or spa break
Need more inspiration for your afternoon tea spa escape? Here are some of our favourite locations for enjoying a spa day or spa break that includes a delightful afternoon tea.
- London: A refined afternoon tea spa day is the ideal complement to an exciting short break in the UK’s vibrant capital.
- Lake District: If you prefer the country, the stunning Lake District is the perfect setting for a relaxed spa day with afternoon tea.
- Devon: For a lovely coastal getaway, Devon is a popular choice, offering beautiful scenery, restful spas and afternoon teas featuring glorious Devonshire clotted cream!
- Scotland: Home to vibrant cities, rich culture, breath-taking countryside and superb spas, a Scottish spa day or break with afternoon tea promises something special.