Afternoon tea can be the perfect way to spend a few hours, whether for a celebration or just some stylish and elegant indulgence. It is also the perfect complement to a relaxing spa experience. In this guide, we take a closer look at your spa afternoon tea options and highlight our 10 best spas for afternoon tea.
What is afternoon tea?
Traditionally, afternoon tea features a selection of finger sandwiches, scones with cream and jam, and assorted sweet treats, all served with a pot of tea. However, as afternoon tea has increased in popularity, you can now find lots of twists, including more creative food choices and the addition of a glass of fizz. Afternoon teas are lighter than a full meal and are synonymous with elegance, making them the perfect accompaniment to a day of relaxation or celebration.
What is a spa afternoon tea?
This is simply afternoon tea that you enjoy as part of a spa day or spa break. Many spas and spa hotels offer afternoon tea (or cream tea) as part of a spa package. Afternoon tea can add a touch of extra indulgence to a day of pampering. A spa afternoon tea is also a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, Mother’s Day, or any other special occasion.
Where to enjoy a spa afternoon tea near you
Many of our spas offer an afternoon tea option that you can enjoy as part of your pampering spa day or spa break. If you’re looking to book a spa day with afternoon tea for two, a larger group or simply to enjoy alone, here is our pick of the 10 best afternoon tea spa packages:
- Afternoon Tea Spa Day at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel in Staffordshire: Enjoy a welcome drink, then take full advantage of the leisure and spa facilities, outdoor activities, and the relaxation and fitness classes on offer before enjoying afternoon tea in the hotel’s Long Gallery.
- Roof Top Spa Experience with Afternoon Tea at Rudding Park in North Yorkshire: Enjoy a few hours of pampering in the luxury rooftop spa, with facilities that include an indoor swimming pool and juniper log sauna. Round off your half-day experience with a lovely afternoon tea.
- Deluxe Afternoon Tea and Fizz Spa Day at the Mercure Sheffield St Pauls Hotel and Spa in South Yorkshire (plus four other Mercure properties): This spa day includes a choice of two treatments and a glass of Prosecco to enjoy with your afternoon tea. You also get to enjoy full use of the spa’s leisure facilities.
- Afternoon Tea Retreat at the Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel & Spa in the West Midlands: This half-day package includes an inclusive treatment and full use of the leisure facilities. Enjoy afternoon tea at the hotel’s Fairways Restaurant.
- tea and treats spa day at voco st david/"s Cardiff: Indulge in a luxury 50-minute treatment and enjoy the spa facilities. Then take in the views of the harbour and surrounding area, as you enjoy a stylish afternoon tea.
- Refresh Spa Day at Five Lakes Resort in Essex: This spa experience features a pampering 40-minute facial plus full use of the spa facilities. Then take a seat in the contemporary New York-style bar and enjoy an upmarket afternoon tea.
- Afternoon Tea and Spa Day at Hanbury Manor - A Marriott Hotel & Country Club in Hertfordshire: Before you sit down to afternoon tea in the wood-panelled Oak Hall, enjoy a luxury treatment and take full advantage of the spa facilities.
- Signature Spa Day at The Belfry in Warwickshire: This full-day package offers a choice of deluxe spa treatment plus use of the facilities, including the Fire and Ice Experience. The relaxation continues as you enjoy a leisurely traditional afternoon tea.
- Signature Spa Day at the Best Western Kenwick Park Hotel in Lincolnshire: Start your day of relaxation with a welcome drink, followed by a choice of 70-minute spa treatment and full use of the facilities. You can then linger over a sparkling afternoon tea served in one of the hotel’s smart dining areas.
- Afternoon Tea Spa Day at the Mallory Court Hotel in Warwickshire: This half-day package includes a choice of 55-minute treatment and use of the leisure facilities. You can then sit down to afternoon tea with a glass of champagne. A perfect choice for a special occasion or private celebration.
How about a cream tea instead?
Many people think afternoon tea and a cream tea are the same thing, but they are quite different! A cream tea is lighter than afternoon tea. It traditionally consists of a pot of tea served alongside fruit scones and lashings of clotted cream and jam.
Where to enjoy a spa cream tea near you
If you would like an indulgent treat after your spa pampering, but don’t want a full afternoon tea, a spa cream tea may be the perfect choice. Here are a few of our most popular spa cream tea packages:
- The Indulgent Spa Day at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa in Southampton
- Cream Tea Spa Day at the Birmingham Marriott Hotel in the West Midlands
-Discover Spa Day at the Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe in Warwickshire
-Cream Tea Afternoon at the Warbrook House Hotel in Hampshire
If you’re ready to book your next spa afternoon tea or cream tea, give our friendly team a call today and ask about our latest spa offers.