Babymoons offer parents-to-be some time to relax ahead of the new arrival. In this guide, we highlight what you need to know about babymoon spa breaks and spa days. We also offer some babymoon ideas so you can plan the perfect escape and end with a few babymoon spa tips.
What is a babymoon and why should you take one?
A babymoon is simply a break that you enjoy during your pregnancy. They offer the chance to spend some quiet time alone or with your partner before the baby arrives and chaos ensues! It will likely be the last trip you take alone or as a couple, so make the most of the time by booking a trip to remember. Babymoon spa packages are a particularly great option, offering a range of inclusions to encourage rest and relaxation.
When is the best time to take a babymoon?
The best time to enjoy a babymoon varies depending on the type of trip you’re planning. Overall, the best time is probably in the second trimester (months three to six), after the worst of the morning sickness has hopefully passed but before you’re too uncomfortable. This is also the best time to travel, especially if you’re planning a long trip.
Is it safe for pregnant women to go to a spa for their babymoon?
Generally speaking, pregnant women can enjoy a babymoon spa day or spa break. However, there are some restrictions, in terms of the treatments they can have and the facilities they can use. The first trimester is usually best avoided and, in fact, most spas will restrict access for women in their first three months of pregnancy.
We always advise checking with your doctor if you have any concerns. It is also important to let us and the spa know how far along you are. Find further information in our pregnancy spa guides.
Ideas for the perfect babymoon
There are plenty of ways to spend your UK babymoon. From a chic city break to a cosy country bed & breakfast, it really depends on how long you want to be away, how far you want to travel and what you’d like to do during the trip.
Some of our venues offer babymoon spa breaks and spa days tailored to parents-to-be, with special pregnancy treatments for mum-to-be and luxurious pampering for her partner. These spa packages are wonderful as a standalone babymoon or as part of a longer break.
Why choose a babymoon spa break or spa day?
A spa combines all the elements that go into a relaxing pre-baby break. You have the indulgence of the spa, with tailored pregnancy treatments and facilities to soothe and relax you, set amid wonderful surroundings. You can also use the opportunity to see the local area and, if you opt for an overnight break, take advantage of the accommodation and dining options. You will return refreshed, renewed and ready for the exciting times ahead.
Our favourite destinations for babymoon spa days and breaks
As well as babymoon spa packages, there are also spa days and spa breaks designed for couples and for pregnant guests, so you can design the perfect getaway for you. A few of our favourite destinations include:
- Wales: Retreat to the calming Welsh countryside for a restful UK babymoon spa escape or head to vibrant Cardiff to combine pampering with an active city break. You might like: Bryn Meadows Golf Hotel & Spa in Caerphilly.
- South-east: Spend your babymoon in the chilled south-east, which takes in the lovely beaches of Worthing and Brighton, as well as stunning countryside, including Surrey Hills AONB. You might like: Natural Light Wellness Spa in Surrey.
- North-east: Head to the diverse north-east to discover the rugged coastline and the attractions of cities including Durham and Newcastle upon Tyne. You might like: Aqueous Spa at Doxford Hall Hotel in Northumberland.
- South-west: Home to Devon, Dorset, Cornwall and Somerset, the south-west has no shortage of beautiful coastline, characterful towns and rolling countryside. You might like: The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa in Bath.
Babymoon do’s and don’ts
- Do plan ahead: Thinking about your babymoon options early in your pregnancy can offer something else to look forward to on your journey to parenthood. However…
- Don’t book your babymoon too early: It’s best to wait a while before booking to make sure your pregnancy is progressing well and that you feel up to a trip away.
- Don’t overdo it: It is important to be realistic about how you are coping with your pregnancy when it comes to planning your trip and any activities you hope to enjoy while you’re away.
- Do stick to a budget: Having a baby is an expensive time, so set yourself a babymoon budget that gives you a great break but doesn’t leave you financially stressed.
- Do consult with your doctor: Check with your doctor or other healthcare professional about travelling safely while pregnant and safe activities you can enjoy while you’re away.
Book your babymoon spa break or spa day online today or contact us for more information. We also offer a range of spa vouchers, which make great gifts for parents-to-be. They can be used towards babymoon spa packages as well as other spa days and spa breaks featured on our site.