Five of the best spa hotels in the Lake District
We are pleased to feature fantastic spa day and spa break packages at a great range of Lake District spa hotels. To give you an idea of what you can enjoy in Cumbria, we have selected five of the best:
- Netherwood Hotel & Spa, Grange-over-Sands: Located to the south of the Lake District and overlooking Morecambe Bay, this grand Victorian mansion features wonderful thermal spa facilities and a relaxed country ambience.
- Holte Spa at The Swan Hotel, Ulverston: One of our exclusive luxury spas, this superb venue, which opened in 2022, enjoys a restful location on the banks of the River Leven and is conveniently situated for exploring the Lake District.
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa, Keswick: Another of our luxury spa hotels in the Lake District, this venue boasts an enviable location close to Bassenthwaite Lake and promises an extra special Cumbrian escape.
- The North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith: Minutes from Lake District National Park, this welcoming spa hotel is close to Ullswater, so is great for combining plenty of sightseeing with some much-needed spa pampering.
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa, Windermere: Located on the banks of Lake Windermere and within the charming town of Bowness-on-Windermere, this smart hotel is the perfect base for a memorable spa break in the Lake District.
Five treatments to enjoy at a Lake District spa
Packages at our Lake District spa hotels usually feature one or more indulgent treatments chosen by you from a list of options. So, which to choose? Here are some of the most popular options:
- Back, neck and shoulders massage: Shorter than the full-body massage, the back, neck and shoulders massage is great for soothing away built-up tension and releasing knotted-up muscles.
- Tailored facial: There are many different types of cleansing spa facial available, each of which features similar stages that cleanse the skin and improve its health and appearance.
- File & polish: Shorter than a traditional spa manicure or pedicure, the file & polish is a great mini-treatment that gives your fingernails or toenails some welcome attention.
- Head massage: Available with selected group spa packages, this relaxing treatment focuses on the scalp, and sometimes the neck and shoulders, and is a great introduction to spa massage.
- Body wrap or body polish: These separate but complementary treatments each work to pamper and smooth the whole body and are offered as options with selected Lake District spa packages.
Things to see in Cumbria
Aside from spa pampering, Cumbria offers lots of great attractions to enjoy. Here are just a few more ways to spend your time in this lovely county.
Lake District: Covering 912 square miles of mountainous landscapes, charming market towns, historical sites and 16 stunning bodies of water, the Lake District remains one the UK’s premiere destinations for visitors. The largest of the lakes is Windermere. Keswick, Derwentwater, Bassenthwaite and Penrith are also well worth a visit.
The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction: Located in Bowness-on-Windermere, this popular interactive attraction celebrates the life and works of children’s author Beatrix Potter, who lived in the area. Her 17th-century farmhouse in Ambleside, named Hill Top, is a National Trust property and can also be toured (booking required).
Muncaster Castle: This imposing Grade I listed privately owned castle in Ravenglass promises a wonderful day out. As well as the castle, there are extensive grounds to explore, including the Hawk & Owl Centre, where you can watch flying displays and meet the critically endangered hooded vultures.
Tarn Hows Circular Walk: If you would like to see some highlights of the Lake District on foot, this not-too-gruelling 1.8-mile walk around Tarn Hows lake takes about two hours to complete, not including time to rest and marvel at the scenery. You can also take a detour to Tom Gill waterfall.
If you’re ready for your next spa day or spa break in the Lake District, why not take a look at our latest Cumbria spa deals and book online today?