Five of the best spas near Liverpool
We feature Liverpool spa packages for all types of guests, from those seeking an elegant afternoon tea, to couples looking for some relaxing ‘we’ time and those looking for some pregnancy pampering. To help you decide on your perfect package, we’ve selected five great spas and spa hotels near Liverpool.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Liverpool: Enjoy a day or stay of leisure at this luxury spa hotel in Liverpool, which is in a great central location within easy reach of the city’s main railway station and attractions. The facilities include a salt sauna, relaxation pool and aroma steam room.
- Chill Out Spa: Less than 10 miles from the city in Knowsley, this award-winning spa forms part of the 2,500-acre Knowsley Hall estate, offering lovely grounds to enjoy as part of your Liverpool spa day. The facilities include a hydrotherapy pool and tanning services, as well as a wide range of spa treatments.
- Ruskin Boutique Spa: Located a few miles from Liverpool, this restful day spa is set within 30 acres of landscaped grounds in St Helens, providing a quiet setting for some spa downtime. The facilities include a 20-metre swimming pool, hot tub and sauna.
- PURE Spa & Beauty Cheshire Oaks: If you’re seeking a spa day near Liverpool, this PURE Spa venue in Ellesmere Port might be the ideal option. As you might expect from this family of day spas, the venue offers a great selection of spa treatments, plus lots of other beauty services.
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa: Just a short drive from the city, this superb venue in the Wirral is perfect for memorable spa breaks near Liverpool. Enjoy fantastic on-site dining and facilities that include outdoor hot tubs, a Rasul mud chamber and a swimming pool.
Five treatments to enjoy at a Liverpool spa
Many packages at our spas and spa hotels near Liverpool will come with pampering spa treatments. Often, the treatments will be chosen by you from a menu of options. Your choices will vary by spa and by package. However, a few you might find featured include:
- Facial: A popular spa treatment that includes various stages such as exfoliation, steaming and massage, before products are applied that are tailored to each guest’s skin type.
- Rasul mud: An indulgent non-therapist, all-body treatment available at certain Liverpool spas, it involves the self-application of nourishing clay and relaxing in a special steam room.
- Manicure: A classic spa treatment, this is a popular choice, featuring several stages that care for the skin and fingernails, with the (optional) application of a coloured polish of your choice.
- Pedicure: Involving similar stages to the manicure, this treatment works to pamper the feet, trim the cuticles and shape the nails before (optional) polish is applied.
- Massage: There are lots of different spa massages, ranging from the soothing back, neck and shoulders massage to the relaxing scalp massage and the robust deep tissue massage.
Things to see in Liverpool
Aside from super spas, Liverpool has plenty to see and do. Here are just a few ideas for how you can spend your time in the city.
- Maritime Museum: Discover the city’s maritime connections over four floors of exhibits, including displays devoted to the Titanic, which was registered in Liverpool.
- The Beatles: Head to Mathew Street, where you can visit The Beatles museum and the Cavern Club, which still operates as a live music venue, or to Royal Albert Dock for The Beatles Story attraction.
- Tate Liverpool: Located on Royal Albert Dock, this free museum features exhibitions of eclectic international art from renowned and new artists.
- Liverpool Cathedral: Only completed in 1970, this impressive cathedral features the world’s highest gothic arches and awesome views of the city and surrounding area from the viewing tower.
Start planning your Liverpool spa day or spa break today. Explore our full range of packages and book one of our spas and spa hotels near Liverpool. You can also take a look at our latest Liverpool spa deals.