Celebrated on 13th February, Galentine’s Day is the perfect antidote or complement to Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re in a couple or are a fancy-free single, Galentine’s Day is all about quality time with the girls. In this guide, we recommend some of our favourite spas and spa packages for spending a memorable day relaxing and celebrating your girlfriends.
What is Galentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is all about taking time out to celebrate your love for a romantic partner, but Galentine’s Day is reserved for celebrating the love you have for your girlfriends and female family members. The idea has grown in popularity in recent years. It offers the chance to say ‘thank you’ for another year of love, friendship and support.
Why celebrate Galentine’s Day?
Whether you’re looking forward to a day of romance on 14th February or prefer to give the day a wide-berth, celebrating Galentine’s Day gives you the chance to spend time with the girlfriends with whom you share so much throughout the year.
With our busy lives, it’s easy to take those we care about for granted. So, let’s hear it for the girls this Galentine’s Day and show the women in your life some love!
Ideas for a memorable Galentine’s spa day
Offering a calming ambience, relaxing leisure facilities, and pampering treatments, spas are the perfect choice for anyone looking for a memorable Galentine’s Day celebration.
From spa days for two to pamper packages that include a sumptuous afternoon tea and a glass of bubbly, there is a spa package for everyone this Galentine's Day! Maybe you could even start an annual tradition with your BFF by spending each 13th February indulging in some much-needed spa relaxation.
If you’d like to plan something special this Galentine's Day, we’ve picked out a few of our favourite packages to inspire you.
Spa days for two
Whether it’s your best girlfriend, your sister, your mum or other family member, spa days for two offer the ideal opportunity to catch up, hang out, and celebrate Galentine's Day in style with that special person. We offer a wide range of pamper packages that can be enjoyed with a friend or family member.
Inclusions vary, but packages usually feature one or more spa treatments, plus access to the leisure facilities. You might also enjoy refreshments, lunch, or afternoon tea (more on this below). Evening, or twilight spa packages may include dinner, making them a fantastic choice for an after-work Galentine’s celebration with your best friend.
A selection of spa days for two packages:
- Mana Spa at The Wave in Coventry in the West Midlands offers a Luxury Spa Experience for Two, which includes the choice of one 75-minute treatment and two hours’ use of the facilities, plus a glass of Prosecco.
- The Bridge Hotel & Spa in Wetherby, West Yorkshire offers a Pizza and Pamper Twilight package, featuring three hours’ use of the leisure facilities, plus a pizza and a glass of fizz. Arrive from 7pm.
- The Bannatyne group of health clubs offers a Blissful Spa Day for Two with Lunch, with a 40-minute Swedish back, neck and shoulders massage followed by a scalp massage, plus full use of the extensive facilities and lunch at the on-site café bar.
See our full range of spa packages for two.
Spa afternoon tea
A spa day that incorporates an elegant afternoon tea is the perfect way to spend Galentine’s Day. Most packages feature one or more spa treatments and access to the leisure facilities, plus a decadent afternoon tea. This is a light meal consisting of sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, and other sweet treats. Some might also include a glass of bubbly, so you and your gal-pal can toast another year of friendship. Read more in our guide to spa afternoon tea.
A selection of spa afternoon tea packages:
- Bailiffscourt Hotel and Spa in Climping, West Sussex offers a Sp’Afternoon Tea half-day package, which features a 25-minute treatment and access to the leisure facilities, plus a full afternoon tea with a glass of bubbly.
- Hotel du Vin Exeter in Devon offers an Express Retreat Spa Day, featuring the choice of one 30-minute treatment and full use of the leisure facilities, as well as the option of either lunch or afternoon tea.
See our full range of spa packages which include afternoon tea.
Group spa days
Who says Galentine’s Day has to be limited to one special gal-pal? A group spa day or half-day is a wonderful way to bring your best friends together for a few hours of fun, pampering and relaxation.
Packages will vary, so you can choose between spa experiences that feature a glass of fizz, afternoon tea, lunch, or other goodies, alongside some welcome spa indulgence. Note that some group spa days require a minimum party size, whereas others are more flexible.
A selection of group spa day packages:
- The Natural Light Wellness Spa at the Holiday Inn Guildford in Surrey offers a Gather the Girls package, featuring the choice of one 30-minute treatment per guest, four hours’ use of the spa facilities and meditation garden, and a glass of Prosecco. Minimum of six guests.
- The Bryn Tanat Wellness Spa in Powys offers a Day Dreamer for Four package, which features one 30-minute treatment per guest, plus a 60-minute private Spa Suite session, use of a luxury lodge or eco cabin and afternoon tea. Between four and six guests.
- InterContinental London Park Lane in Westminster offers a Spa Temple Experience VIP for Four package, with two treatments totalling 150 minutes, in a private area with VIP lounge, plus a complimentary bottle of chilled Champagne and a selection of petit fours. Four guests only.
See our full range of group spa packages
If you want to gift a girlfriend this Galentine's Day, or simply want more flexibility, why not consider a spa voucher?
Vouchers can be for a specific pamper day package that can be redeemed at a participating spa. Alternatively, you can opt for an individual treatment voucher or one for a specific monetary value, both of which make great gifts. For Galentine's Day, we would recommend:
- Group Pamper Day (minimum six guests): Enjoy a facial and a back, neck and shoulder massage, plus a light lunch and access to your chosen spa’s leisure facilities.
- Mother and Daughter Pamper Day: Enjoy a facial, a back, neck and shoulder massage, and either a manicure or pedicure, plus a light lunch and access to your chosen spa’s leisure facilities.
Ready to plan the perfect day for you and the gals? Contact us today to get the Galentine's Day celebrations started.