Five of the best spa hotels in North Yorkshire
If you’re seeking the best spas in North Yorkshire, you have come to the right place! To give you some inspiration, here are just five great venues we think you’ll like:
- Rudding Park Hotel & Spa: Enjoy some spa luxury at this impressive venue near Harrogate. Stroll in the 300 acres of picturesque grounds and make the most of the hotel’s impressive indoor and outdoor leisure facilities.
- The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa: Escape to this beautiful 17th century country house hotel in Bolton Abbey near Skipton. As well as spa relaxation, the venue is ideally located for exploring the stunning Yorkshire Dales National Park.
- Swinton Estate: More luxury awaits at this superb North Yorkshire country spa hotel in Masham near Ripon. Also located on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, the estate features wonderful thermal facilities and great onsite dining.
- Crown Spa Hotel: Combine some much-needed spa relaxation with time at the seaside at this welcoming venue in Scarborough. Just a short stroll from the town and the beach, this hotel is great for restful North Yorkshire spa breaks and spa days.
- Yorkshire Spa Retreat: If you want to add a day of spa indulgence to your North Yorkshire travels, this luxury nature-inspired venue in Nawton, north of York, might be the ideal choice. Enjoy some downtime using the spa’s excellent facilities, including a natural swimming pond.
Five treatments to enjoy at a North Yorkshire spa
Spa day and spa break packages at our North Yorkshire spa hotels often include one or more pampering treatments, which are usually chosen by you from a menu of options. Choices will vary between spas and packages. However, a few you might get to enjoy are:
- Rasul mud: Offered at selected spa hotels in North Yorkshire, this nourishing, non-therapist treatment involves applying purified mud to your body and relaxing in a special steam room.
- Spa facial: A real spa classic, this treatment involves several stages designed to pamper and care for the skin using products tailored to each guest’s particular skin type.
- Spa manicure: Another classic spa treatment, this one focuses on the hands, nails and cuticles, leaving your skin smooth and your fingernails elegantly shaped, with a polish of your choice applied.
- Massage: There are many types of spa massage available, from the soothing head massage to the gentle full-body Swedish massage, as well as the robust deep-tissue massage.
- Body polish: Sometimes offered as a complement to a spa massage, this indulgent treatment involves the application of a gentle exfoliant to leave your skin smooth and glowing.
Things to see in North Yorkshire
Aside from excellent spa hotels, North Yorkshire offers plenty for visitors to see and do. Highlights include:
- Yorkshire Dales National Park: Explore this diverse 841 square mile national park, with its quaint villages and extensive landscape of moors, valleys and rolling hills.
- York: Discover this historic walled city, which features attractions including the 13th-century York Minster and The Shambles, a medieval shopping street.
- Whitby: Head to this popular, historic coastal town to enjoy the local seafood and to discover Gothic Whitby Abbey – the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s “Dracula”.
- Harrogate: Visit the charming, Victorian spa town of Harrogate to learn about its interesting history and to enjoy its lovely gardens.
- North York Moors National Park: One of the country’s most distinctive national parks, this 554 square mile area of countryside takes in moorland and stretches of dramatic coastline.
You can book a package at any of our North Yorkshire spa hotels securely online today. Looking for a bargain? Check out our latest North Yorkshire spa deals.