Choose an overnight spa break and you can look forward to spa indulgence combined with a night in a luxurious hotel, providing the perfect backdrop for a romantic getaway to remember. In this guide, we take a closer look at overnight spa breaks for couples. We highlight what to expect and detail a few spa packages we think you may enjoy.
What is an overnight spa break?
An overnight spa break is simply a one-night stay at a spa hotel that comes with a range of inclusions to give you and your partner a wonderful weekend or midweek romantic escape.
Unlike a spa day, which offers a few hours of welcome spa indulgence, overnight spa breaks offer the chance to really switch off and get away from it all. They also give you and your partner the opportunity to sample all the spa hotel has to offer, from luxurious treatments and relaxing leisure facilities, to stylish accommodation and delicious dining options.
Perfect for that special celebration, a memorable Valentine’s Day treat, or simply to spend some quality ‘we’ time in calming surroundings, an overnight spa break offers everything you need for a well-deserved romantic getaway.
What can you expect from an overnight spa break?
Packages vary, but generally, overnight spa breaks feature one or more spa treatments, either inclusive or chosen from a menu. You will also have access to the spa’s leisure facilities, which might include a swimming pool, thermal suite, Jacuzzi or hot-tub, and/or relaxation rooms.
You will enjoy overnight accommodation in one of the hotel’s guest rooms. Packages also usually feature meal options, such as dinner on your arrival night, or a monetary credit at the hotel’s restaurant, and breakfast on the morning of departure.
Overnight spa breaks for couples often feature additional goodies to really get you in the mood for romance, such as a bottle of bubbly and chocolates in your room on arrival.
Spa treatments for couples
One of the main benefits of a couples’ spa package is the opportunity to spend time relaxing together. Enjoy a swim, time in the warm and bubbly Jacuzzi, or a steamy session in the sauna. Some breaks also offer spa treatments for couples, which can add an extra touch of intimacy to your spa break.
One of the more popular spa treatments for couples is a dual massage. This takes place in a treatment room, with two massage therapists and side-by-side massage tables. Find out more in our guide to massages for couples.
Please note that not all spas offer dual treatments. Be sure to ask us when you book if this is something you would like to include in your overnight spa break.
A selection of our favourite spas and spa hotels
To give you an idea of what’s available, we’ve picked out a few of our favourite spa hotels, which feature overnight packages perfect for two.
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel in Essex offers a 1 Night Blissful Break for Two package. The break features an inclusive 50-minute ESPA synchronised massage for two, full access to the leisure facilities, and one-hour access to a private sleep pod. You will also enjoy overnight accommodation, a full English breakfast and a continental breakfast bar, and a three-course dinner. A bottle of Prosecco and chocolates in your room on arrival round off the romance on this luxury overnight break.
- Best Western Premier Yew Lodge Hotel in Derbyshire offers a 1 Night Ultimate Romantic Getaway Spa package. The break features the choice of a 30-minute treatment, plus access to the leisure facilities. You will also enjoy overnight accommodation, a two-course dinner at Marco's New York Italian by Marco Pierre White and a full English breakfast. For that extra romantic touch, you will find a bottle of house wine with fruit and dipping chocolate in your room on arrival.
- Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa in West Sussex offers a 1 Night Celebration Spa Break. The package features the choice of a 55-minute treatment, plus access to the extensive leisure facilities. You will also enjoy overnight accommodation, a full English breakfast, and a monetary credit towards dinner. To heighten the romance, you can look forward to a bottle of chilled Champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries with Viennese biscuits in your room on arrival.
- Ellenborough Park in Gloucestershire offers a 1 Night Romantic Spa Getaway. The break features the choice of a 25-minute treatment, plus access to the spa’s leisure facilities. You will also enjoy overnight accommodation, a three-course dinner, and a full English or continental breakfast. For the ultimate romantic indulgence, you will find chocolates and a bottle of Taittinger Champagne in your room upon arrival.
- Hall Garth Hotel and Country Club in County Durham offers a 1 Night Four Poster Spa Break. The package features a choice of a 55-minute treatment, plus full use of the leisure facilities. You will also enjoy overnight accommodation in a four-poster bedroom, a three-course dinner, and a full English breakfast. And what romantic break for two would be complete without a bottle of chilled wine and chocolates waiting for you in your room on arrival?
That’s only a small sample of what’s available. Take a look at our full range of overnight spa packages to find the one that’s perfect for you.
If you’re ready for some romance, why not give our team a call and start planning your next overnight spa package today?