Choose an overnight spa break designed for couples and you can look forward to spa indulgence combined with a night in a luxurious hotel, providing the perfect backdrop for a romantic getaway to remember. In this guide, we take a closer look at overnight spa breaks for couples, including what to expect, and we suggest a few spa packages we think you may enjoy.
What is an overnight spa break?
An overnight spa break is a one or two-night night stay at a spa hotel that comes with a range of inclusions to give you and your partner a wonderful weekend or midweek romantic escape.
Unlike a spa day, which offers a few hours of welcome spa indulgence, overnight spa breaks offer the chance to really switch off and get away from it all. They also give you and your partner the opportunity to sample all the spa hotel has to offer, from luxurious treatments and relaxing leisure facilities to stylish accommodation and delicious dining options.
Perfect for that special celebration, a memorable Valentine’s Day treat, or simply to spend some quality ‘we’ time in calming surroundings, an overnight spa break offers everything you need for a well-deserved romantic getaway.
What can you expect from a couples’ overnight spa break?
Packages vary, but generally, a luxury overnight spa break for couples at one of our UK venues will feature one or more spa treatments, either inclusive or chosen from a menu. You will also have access to the spa’s leisure facilities, which might include a swimming pool, thermal suite, Jacuzzi or hot-tub, and/or relaxation rooms.
You will enjoy overnight accommodation in one of the hotel’s guest rooms. Packages also usually feature meal options, such as dinner on your arrival night, or a monetary credit at the hotel’s restaurant, and breakfast on the morning of departure.
Overnight spa breaks for couples often feature additional goodies to really get you in the mood for romance, such as a bottle of bubbly and chocolates in your room on arrival.
Why are overnight spa breaks perfect for couples?
Romantic overnight spa breaks for couples are a wonderful way to spend some time away together without the distractions of daily life. You can switch off and enjoy a night or two at a lovely hotel and enjoy the relaxing facilities on offer and the surroundings, whether a vibrant city or peaceful country retreat. Choose one of our overnight spa breaks for couples with treatments included for even more luxury and pampering.
Spa treatments for couples
One of the main benefits of our spa breaks for couples with an overnight stay is the opportunity to spend time relaxing together. Enjoy a swim, time in the warm and bubbly Jacuzzi, or a steamy session in the sauna. Overnight spa breaks for couples with treatments included can add an extra touch of intimacy to your spa break.
One of the more popular spa treatments for couples is a dual massage. This takes place in a treatment room, with two massage therapists and side-by-side massage tables. Find out more in our guide to massages for couples.
Please note that not all spas offer dual treatments. Be sure to ask us when you book if this is something you would like to include in your overnight spa break.
How to gift a couples' overnight spa break
If you would like to gift one of our romantic overnight spa breaks for couples, we feature a selection of spa voucher options. The most flexible option is a monetary voucher that the recipient can redeem against packages and services on our site.
However, if you would like to gift a full spa package, simply navigate through to your chosen package, click on the “buy now” button and then select “Buy a voucher instead?”. You can then purchase a voucher for the full amount of the package.
Whichever option you choose, our vouchers make wonderful presents for an engagement, retirement, anniversary or any time you want to treat a special couple in your life.
Five of our favourite spa hotels for couples
To give you an idea of what’s available, we’ve picked out a few of our favourite spas that offer overnight stays which are perfect for two.
1. Lifehouse Spa & Hotel in Essex is a great retreat for a couple’s spa break, offering a range of fantastic overnight packages. Located within 12 acres of lovely gardens, this superb spa hotel provides a tranquil backdrop to your weekend or weekday escape.
2. Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa in West Sussex, one of our wonderful luxury spas, is ideal for a celebration to remember. Only 45 minutes from London, this serene spa hotel is a haven for rest and relaxation, featuring extensive leisure facilities and a range of superb one-night spa packages.
3. Malvern View Spa at Bank House Hotel Worcester in Worcestershire is another excellent choice for a relaxing couples’ spa break. This welcoming spa hotel is perfect for a country getaway for two, with great leisure facilities and excellent on-site dining.
4. Hall Garth Hotel and Country Club in County Durham offers a range of spa break packages, each of which promises the perfect couples’ getaway. You can explore the 70 acres of pretty grounds, while golf lovers can play nine holes on the hotel’s course (charges apply).
5. Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa in Cumbria is a great choice for a couples’ spa break in the beautiful Lake District. Located on the banks of lovely Lake Windermere in the heart of the charming town, this impressive hotel offers the ideal base for a short break with plenty of spa relaxation.
That’s only a small sample of what’s available. Take a look at our full range of overnight spa packages to find the one that’s perfect for you.
If you’re ready for some romance, start planning your next overnight spa package today.