Five of the best spa hotels in Southampton
Looking for some inspiration for your spa escape? Here are five great spa hotels in Southampton we are sure you will like:
- Hilton at The Ageas Bowl: This impressive luxury spa hotel in Southampton, located at the county cricket ground, is the ideal choice for some upscale pampering.
- Rena Spa at Leonardo Royal Southampton Grand Harbour: Boasting a fantastic waterside location, this is an especially great option for guests taking a cruise from Southampton’s port.
- Southampton Harbour Hotel & Spa: More luxury spa indulgence awaits at this superb contemporary harbour-side hotel in the city’s Ocean Village.
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa: Retreat to the Hampshire countryside at this casual spa hotel in Botley, which is just a few miles outside of Southampton.
- Solent Hotel & Spa: If you plan to explore the area, this spa hotel in Fareham enjoys a convenient location close to Southampton, Portsmouth and charming Hill Head beach.
Five treatments to enjoy at a Southampton spa
Many of our spa days and spa breaks in Southampton feature one or more pampering treatments. Choices will vary, but a few you might find on the menu are:
- Deep-tissue massage: A robust spa massage that works deep into your muscles and connective tissues – not one for the faint of heart!
- Back, neck and shoulders massage: A gentle, lighter touch massage option that focuses on the areas that store up tension, leaving you loose and de-stressed.
- Facial: The therapist uses products tailored to each guest’s skin type to thoroughly cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise the skin of the face and neck.
- File & polish: Treat your fingernails or toenails to a little TLC with this express treatment that is a shorter version of the full spa manicure or pedicure.
- Body scrub (or polish): An indulgent treatment offered at selected Southampton spas, which involves the use of a gentle exfoliant to leave you smooth and radiant all over.
Things to see in and around Southampton
Once you’ve enjoyed some rest and relaxation at the spa, Southampton has lots more to discover. A few highlights include:
- Tudor House & Garden: Enjoy a visit to this interesting city centre museum, which is set in a restored 15th-century Tudor house.
- Solent Sky: This museum focuses on aviation, with an impressive collection of vintage aircraft, including the classic Spitfire.
- East Park: A lovely city park that includes landscaped gardens, a café and several memorials, including one to the Titanic’s engineers.
- SeaCity Museum: This popular, interactive attraction tells the story of the Titanic, which set sail from Southampton on its tragic voyage in 1912.
- Westquay Shopping Centre: One for the shopaholics, this huge mall features a great range of stores, plus dining options.
- New Forest National Park: Close to Southampton, you can find the magnificent New Forest, with its heathland, forest trails and native ponies.
Book any of our spa breaks and spa days in Southampton securely online today. You might also like to browse our Southampton spa deals for some great discounts.