Massages for Couples
A couple’s massage can be the perfect complement to a romantic spa break, a weekend away, or just a few valuable hours of relaxation with a loved one. In this guide, we look at what you can expect from a couple’s massage and highlight a few spa packages you might like.
What is a couple’s massage?
It is simply a traditional massage that takes place in a dual treatment room. A couple’s massage can be enjoyed as a standalone treatment, or it can form part of a spa package. Find out more in our guide to spas for couples. You can also find details of a few sample packages below.
What can you expect during a couple’s massage?
The treatment room will feature two massage tables set up side-by-side and the treatment will be carried out by two massage therapists, so you and a loved one can enjoy the treatment in unison.
Depending on the spa and the treatment selected, the room might feature mood music and lighting and aromatherapy, designed to leave you both feeling relaxed and destressed!
The type of massage offered varies but it is often a soothing full body massage. You might also enjoy a shorter back, neck and shoulders massage or an Indian head massage. Take a look at our guide to massages for more on the different massage techniques.
Many of our spas offer dual treatment rooms set up to offer side-by-side experiences, including massage. Contact us for more details.
Where can you enjoy a couple’s massage?
There are lots of spa breaks for couples available. These can be either romantic breaks or simply for two people who want to spend some quality time together. A few spa packages that specifically include a couples’ massage are:
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel in Essex offers a One Night Blissful Break for Two, which features a 50-minute ESPA synchronised massage.
- Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa in Southport offers a Double Decadence - Perfect for Two spa day that features a full body massage in the spa’s romance suite.
- The Bridge Hotel and Courtyard Spa in North Yorkshire offers a Two's Company spa day that features a full body massage in the double treatment room.
- Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa in Derbyshire offers The Midweek Ultimate Odyssey for Two that features a 110-minute dual treatment body scrub and full body massage.
- Our Lover's Pamper Day voucher, which is redeemable at 27 spas, features a back, neck and shoulder massage (check with us when you book to make sure your chosen spa has a dual treatment room).
To find out more or to book your next couple’s spa experience, contact the SpaSeekers’ team today.