Five of the best spa hotels in Northumberland
We have picked out five great spa hotels in Northumberland and the surrounding area, so you can find the perfect pampering escape.
Five treatments to enjoy at a Northumberland spa
Once you’ve chosen your ideal spa day or spa break in Northumberland, the next thing to think about is treatments. Many of our packages feature options that could include:
- Spa massage: There are lots of types of spa massage, from the relaxing back, neck and shoulders massage to the robust deep-tissue massage.
- Spa manicure: A classic spa treatment that includes various stages which care for the hands, tidy the cuticles and shape the fingernails.
- Spa pedicure: Similar to the manicure, this equally relaxing treatment is focussed on leaving the feet and toenails in tip-top shape.
- Body treatments: Aside from massages, selected Northumberland spas will offer indulgent all-body treatments, such as the body wrap or body polish.
- Spa facial: A pampering treat, the classic spa facial uses products tailored to each guest’s skin type to thoroughly cleanse and moisturise the skin.
Things to see in Northumberland
As well as time at the spa, Northumberland offers lots to see and do. Just a few highlights include:
- Northumberland Coast AONB: The landscape of this AONB takes in dramatic coastline and beaches and is home to abundant wildlife.
- Bamburgh Castle: Explore this magnificent coastal fortress that has stood for 1,400 years and has become a popular filming location.
- Northumberland National Park: This lesser-visited national park extends across 405 square miles from the Scottish border, encompassing Hadrian's Wall.
- Alnwick Castle: More history to explore at this iconic castle, which has also appeared in film and TV shows, including Harry Potter.
Browse our range of Northumberland spa days and spa breaks and book online today. Also, be sure to check out our Northumberland spa deals for the latest discounts.