Five of the best spas and spa hotels near Colchester
Find inspiration for your next spa experience with our pick of five great spas and spa hotels in Colchester and the wider Essex region.
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa: Boasting a fantastic rural location north of Colchester and within Dedham Vale AONB, this superb venue in Leavenheath is also home to two championship golf courses.
- Bannatyne Kingsford Park: Retreat for a spa day in Colchester at this extra-special Bannatyne venue located in the calming rural Essex countryside, with facilities that include a 20-metre swimming pool.
- Potters Resorts Five Lakes Spa: Escape to this relaxing lakeside resort in Maldon set amid 320 acres of parkland, which offers facilities that include racquet courts, two golf courses, and a swimming pool.
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel: Enjoy a spa day or stay at this luxury spa hotel in Thorpe-le-Soken near Clacton-on-Sea, which offers excellent leisure facilities and access to acres of lovely grounds.
- Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel: Just across the Essex border in Suffolk, only about 20 miles from Colchester, this characterful hotel set in a 16th-century hunting lodge promises a restful stay.
Five treatments to enjoy at a Colchester spa
Enhance your spa break or spa day in Colchester with a pampering treatment. Your choices and options will vary by venue and package. However, five you might find on the menu are:
- Scalp massage: Soothe away tension with this relaxing massage that focuses on the head and neck.
- Body scrub: Also called the body polish, this indulgent treatment leaves the skin soft and glowing.
- Tailored facial: Involving stages that include exfoliation and moisturisation, this is a classic spa treatment.
- Rasul mud: Offered at selected spas in Colchester, this non-therapist treatment harnesses the combined powers of mineral-infused mud and steam.
- File & polish: Available for the fingernails or the toenails, this is an express version of the full spa manicure or pedicure.
Things to see in and around Colchester
Beyond welcome time spent at the spa, Colchester and wider Essex have plenty more to enjoy. A few highlights include:
- Colchester Zoo: This popular zoo is set on 60 acres of parkland and is home to around 160 species from around the world.
- Dedham Vale AONB: Just north of Colchester lies this stunning Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is great for walking and wildlife spotting.
- Clacton-on-Sea: Enjoy a day at the seaside at this bustling, traditional coastal resort town with its pretty beach and fine promenade.
- Colchester Castle: Completed in 1100, this imposing castle features interactive events and is surrounded by extensive public grounds.
Take a look at our spa days and spa breaks in Colchester and book online today. You can also find some great deals on our Colchester spas.