With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, time is running out to plan that perfect surprise. If you’re planning a day of romance, or even a longer romantic break, here are a few spa-themed ideas. We also offer a couple of ideas for breaks for singles who want to escape from all the Valentine’s madness!
Spas offer the perfect setting in which to spend part or all of your Valentine’s Day celebration. A spa day or half-day is wonderful way to relax ahead of an evening out, an overnight in a hotel, or a quiet meal at home. Most spa days will include a choice of one or more treatments and use of the leisure facilities, and possibly some extras, such as a glass of bubbly, lunch or afternoon tea. Here are just a few examples:
- The Preston Marriott Hotel in Lancashire offers a 'Valentine’s indulgence' spa day that includes a hot stone back massage.
- The Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa offers a ‘will you be my Valentine?' spa day, which features a 50-minute treatment and the chance to upgrade to lunch and/or a glass of fizz.
A spa break includes luxury accommodation for one or more nights, plus the chance to explore the local area. This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Thursday, offering the chance to plan a long weekend or midweek break. You can book romantic spa breaks in many different locations, including vibrant cities and glorious countryside, so you can tailor the perfect experience. Here are just a couple of ideas:
- Oulton Hall in Yorkshire offers a one-night spa break that includes a treatment, lunch, dinner, overnight accommodation and breakfast, all in beautiful surroundings.
- Located in the spectacular Lake District, the Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa in Windermere offers a one-night Valentine's spa break for two, with a choice of treatments, dinner, overnight accommodation and breakfast, plus some extra goodies.
- The Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel in Somerset offers the same one-night Valentine's spa break for two as above, giving you the chance to enjoy some relaxation and see the sights of Bath.
Tip: Dates around Valentine’s Day can fill up fast, so call us for the latest availability and deals. If you can’t get your first choice, don’t despair! We can help you find a suitable alternative.
Not everyone celebrates 14 February. If you’re someone who would rather escape all the love hearts and flowers, here are a few spa experiences that can transport you to a calm and tranquil place where you can enjoy some quality time with yourself:
- Offering a range of packages and some wonderful facilities, the Boutique Wellness Spa in Cambridge caters to ladies only.
- Located on the lovely English Riviera, Lorrens Ladies Spa in Torquay offers the perfect surroundings in which to leave the outside world behind and enjoy some first-class relaxation.
If you have a few single friends, a group spa day or spa break can be a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with some fun, relaxation and pampering. Many spas offer special deals and packages for group bookings, so you will have plenty of choice. Here are just a couple of options:
- The Pace Health Club and Nu Spa in Manchester offers a group spa day for a minimum of four people, including a treatment, use of the facilities and discounts on other spa services.
- Appleby Manor Country House Hotel in Cumbria has a 'girls time' spa day for groups of six or more, with a treatment, use of the leisure facilities, plus some other treats!
Tip: Spa gift vouchers can be a great Valentine's Day present that's sure to be very gratefully received! Enjoy 10% off when you use the promo code, love19.
Whether you are looking for an individual, couples or group spa day, we can help you plan the perfect spa experience. Why not give us a call today to find out about our latest deals?