Do the words ‘Christmas Top Ten’ make you shudder as you think about X-Factor contestants and novelty singles vying for the top spot on the music charts? Banish such thoughts to the back of your mind and allow yourself to relax instead at the thought of one of our top ten Christmas-themed spa breaks. Get away over Christmas or just fit in a chilled out day or two at a spa before the big day arrives….
1. Starting before the festivities get under way - everyone wants to look good for the Christmas and New Year party season, and Lifehouse Spa in Essex has come to the rescue with a Little Black Dress Spa Break that’s designed to get you perfectly groomed and feeling great ready for your big nights out. The overnight stay includes a manicure, pedicure, eyebrow tidy and a delicious body scrub, so you’ll emerge from your spa cocoon feeling like a new woman and ready to stun them all at the office do. Ever generous, they also throw in overnight accommodation, full English breakfast, a light lunch and free glass of Prosecco or fruit smoothie. Delicious!
2. If you’ve finished your Christmas shopping already, you absolutely deserve a Pre-Christmas Pamper Break at a SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in Hampshire. Stay overnight in the spa’s luxurious accommodation, sample a two-course meal in the Zen Garden Thai restaurant and bliss out with a 30 minute spa treatment of your choice. Merry Christmas to you!
Want to escape over Christmas, but don’t know where to go? SpaSeekers to the rescue!
3. Two Nights of Christmas at Grayshott Spa…so the Christmas preparations have been driving you mad, and you can’t face the thought of another Christmas in front of festive TV specials, or the mountain of washing up that a Christmas dinner creates? We have the perfect retreat for you, a two-day stay at Grayshott Spa in Surrey. You’ll be greeted on arrival with a glass of warming mulled wine, and there’s no shortage of festivities while you’re there. A Champagne reception, Christmas carols and plenty of festive food - including a scrumptious traditional Christmas dinner - will make you feel at home, while the 40-minute massage will give you a head start on relaxation too.
4. Christmas is about goodwill to all men, right? So show yourself a bit of goodwill and luxuriate in three days of bliss at Champneys Henlow Grange in Leicesterhire. The Three Day Christmas Break is ideal for those of you who just want to get away from all the fuss over Christmas and just enjoy some down-time. Don’t worry about a lack of festivities though, as well as Midnight Mass and mince pies, plus a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings on the big day, you’ll receive a Christmas Gift from Champneys and three gorgeous treatments during your stay (Champneys’ facial, body radiance treatment and thalassotherapy treatments).
5. Not strictly a Christmas break, perhaps, but if all the festivities have left you a bit flat and you just feel like recharging your batteries and seeing in the New Year in style, Champneys Springs could be the place for you. Stay overnight on 31st December and you can expect to be treated like spa royalty, with a Thalassotherapy pool session and a Champneys body wrap to make you feel special and a fabulous four course dinner and night of musical entertainment to see in 2013 in style. Waking up in a spa on the first day of 2013, what could possibly be better?
If you’ve only got a day to spare, don’t worry, UK spas know how to spoil you.
6. Take the weight off your feet with a Festive Spa Day at Hanbury Manor in Hertfordshire. Designed to recharge all your batteries and get you ready for the fun and festivities to come, you can choose from Hanbury’s very own Christmas list; a selection of 50minute spa treatments that will make you feel amazing, topped off with a delicious two course lunch and use of the spa facilities. A real Christmas treat.
7. Spice up the pre-Christmas build up with a Festive Spice Spa Day at the MacDonald Portal Hotel in Chester. Get into the Christmas spirit with a 30-minute treatment of your choice – the hardest thing about the day will be deciding whether to opt for a Decleor facial, a back treatment, a scalp massage to ease the pre-Christmas tension or spoil your weary feet with a gorgeous foot relief treatment. You can make your mind up at you munch your complementary mince pie and coffee…
8. In a hurry? The perfect pre-party prep starts with a Bannatyne’s Pre Party Selection for one. Available at selected Bannatyne’s spas, including Bannatyne’s Carlisle, this top-speed pre-Christmas pamper gives you a short and sweet 55 minutes of top notch treatments, including a body polish, spay tan and a nail file and polish. Arrive ten minutes before your treatments and depart afterwards looking absolutely gorgeous!
9. Fancy treating someone else to a bit of spa luxury while you get away from it all for a day too? Get the best of both worlds – a pre-Christmas present to yourself and whoever else you think deserves it. The two-for-one Winter Warmer Spa Day at the Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel in Meriden, Warwickshire is a perfect little getaway for two. As well as a 25-minute treatment and full use of all the gorgeous spa facilities, you can both indulge yourself with a delicious mince pie, tea and coffee.
10. While we’re talking about winter warmers, this spa day is bound to give you an inner glow. The Winter Spice Spa Day at the Malvern Spa will give you a full on feeling of festive spice with a Gingerbread Mud Wrap and a light lunch on top of a day to sample the rest of the spa goodies on offer. If you don’t much care for gingerbread though, you could opt for a Winter Warmer Spa Day instead, which gives you a Mulled Wine body scrub instead. Bliss!